Nothing says Good Morning more to me than blueberry muffins. It’s a taste and aroma that takes me back to my Mom’s kitchen.
I found when making these muffins, if you skip the cupcake liner and simply spray the muffin tins well, the muffins rise higher.
They are a cinch to remove from the pan and look much prettier. And, added bonus, no annoying wrapper to remove before indulging in the blueberry yumminess!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use coconut or olive)
- 1 egg
- milk, as needed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 400*F. Thoroughly spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place applesauce, oil, and egg into a glass measuring cup. Then, pour in enough milk to equal 1 cup. Combine liquid ingredients, then add them to the dry ingredients and stir gently until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Use a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using a scoop, evenly distribute muffin batter into cupcake tins. Fill to the top, then sprinkle crumb topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Looking for more recipes? Here you go!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -