In our efforts to eat healthier, I have found that meals are easy, but desserts are sometimes lacking. It used to be easy to grab a carton of ice cream and have a quick snack. I was looking for a way to have a snack prepared ahead of time, but be both tasty and healthy at the same time.
Overnight Oats for Tomorrow’s Desserts
I think these overnight oats desserts fit that bill quite nicely! You can mix this up in the morning for dessert that evening, or mix it tonight for a dessert-type breakfast tomorrow morning. Or, mix it tonight for dessert tomorrow!
It does make a difference when you use quality yogurt. We eat as clean as we can, and this means not using food products with fillers, artificial flavors, and other such icky stuff.
My favorite is coconut. No, it’s the caramel. Or is it the coconut? There are chunks of coconut in it! But, the caramel is so smooth and creamy. Such a toss-up there. Both are TASTY!!!
To make these overnight oats, simply combine oatmeal, chia seeds, yogurt, and milk. Change up the flavors by using different flavors of yogurt.
Overnight Oats topped with strawberries and whipped cream (using strawberry yogurt)
Overnight oats topped with chopped almonds and coconut (using coconut yogurt)
Overnight oats topped with blackberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream, using blackberry yogurt)
- Basic Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-6 oz container yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add ins:
- Chocolate chips
- Fruits- blackberries, strawberries, blueberries
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts- pecans, almonds, walnuts, peanuts
- Whipped cream
- Stir to combine the basic ingredients- oatmeal, chia seeds, yogurt, and milk.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, eat as is, or mix in any of the above toppings.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -