Last year after the holidays, I wanted a fun way to display all my Christmas Photo cards. They were just randomly stuck to my refrigerator; and although I love them all, it was just a tremendous mess.
This was my moment of inspiration where I created a scrapbook story page for my refrigerator.
This is an easy craft how too that lets you create a story-type array of those Christmas photo cards to show all year-long. You can also use it to display any occasion or pictures of your choosing.
Our supply list includes:
- 1 poster board (I used white, but any color will do)
- Borders for your cards (you can make these or just buy them pre-cut)
- Clear double-sided tape
- Glue to attach your magnets
- Magnets (I used 8)
How to make Storybook Picture Frames:
- Decide which pictures you want to display. Pick a general theme for your layout before heading out to shop for your supplies–this will help you with your borders and embellishment choices. Remember to consider your color scheme and what message you want the storyboard to convey.
- Once you have all your supplies ready, cut your poster board to fit your refrigerator or freezer door.
- Using the glue, attach the magnets to the four corners of the backside of the poster board and one also in the center. You want the poster board to attach firmly to the refrigerator without sliding down. Allow the magnets to dry before continuing.
- When your magnets are firmly attached, turn the poster board over and lay out your pictures and embellishments.
- Before attaching any of your items, be sure you are happy with your layout.
- Attach the embellishments and pictures to the poster board using the clear double-sided tape. I lay the tape as close to the edges as possible, making sure the pictures and other items are fully attached.
Lastly, place it on your refrigerator and admire your handiwork.
I do not have a picture of my cards from Christmas 2010, but in November when I stayed with my mother, I had the same thought about her refrigerator. Pictures where just randomly attached by magnets all over her refrigerator. After asking her if I could fix things, I created a scrapbook storybook page for her refrigerator. I wanted to present her family photos nicely for her, and I used the theme of family, treasured memories.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -