In our home, my husband works while I stay home with our three babies. This is a choice and a sacrifice that we love, and God has led us to. However, we have certainly seen our fair share of financially tough times! Through the years, I have developed some go-to dinners for those times when gourmet is simply not an option, and my job to be Proverbs 31 for my family is a little bit harder. Today, I’m sharing a few simple, no-brainer, healthy dinners with you for those tight times, when inspiration can be clouded by stress.
A Week of Healthy Dinners for Tight Times:
Monday: Mexi Bowls
Rice, black beans, mild salsa or tomatoes, canned corn, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado (if affordable this week).
Tuesday: Black Bean, Cilantro, & Lime Quesadillas
Flour tortillas filled with black beans, cilantro, topped with lime juice. Add shredded cheese if desired, or maybe dip in some light sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips and homemade guacamole or salsa on sale from the store.
Wednesday: Breakfast Burritos.
Flour tortilla (rice wrap if you want GF) filled with scrambled eggs, diced potatoes, turkey bacon bits, mild salsa or hot sauce, and a little shredded cheese.
Thursday: Baked Potatoes
Baked russet potatoes topped with organic butter or coconut oil, black beans, garlic seasoning, and light sour cream or shredded cheese. Served with salad.
Friday: Gluten-free Spaghetti with Garlic Pita Slices
GF pasta (for calorie and health purposes, not allergies), Prego sauce, pita triangles baked with a drizzle of olive oil, a little organic butter, garlic salt and pepper. Served with salad.
What do you serve during the financially tight times?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -