Did you make some resolutions this year to work towards wellness? It was one of mine. Here it is April, and admittedly, I haven’t been as true to my resolutions as I’d hoped. I’m just not getting to the gym for workouts as much as I’d like to do (and need to do!) How about you?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. I can’t wait to share this Ultimate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie recipe with you! As always, all opinions are mine alone. #MySmoothie #CollectiveBias
One area that I have done much better in is that of working to add more protein to my diet. My hubby’s favorite thing to remind me is to “prioritize protein” when it comes to my diet. Smoothies are a great way to up your protein intake without having to eat more protein-filled meals.
In my quest to pack this protein into my diet, I’ve become more creative with the smoothie recipes I’m making. Before making a smoothie, I tend to look around to see which additional products I can add to amp up the health benefits of my drink.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie:
Jif™ Peanut Powder– With no added sugar, Jif Peanut Powder has 85% less fat and fewer calories than traditional peanut butter while still keeping other beneficial nutrients like fiber and protein. While you gain the health benefits of peanuts, you can reduce the calories in your smoothie with the peanut powder. It’s also excellent for baking!
Dannon Oikos™ Triple Zero Greek Nonfat Yogurt- Greek yogurt is heavily strained to remove liquid whey and lactose, leaving behind a tangy, creamy product. Greek yogurt has double the protein, half the carbs, and half the sodium of the regular variety. While not a low-calorie food, it has no fat, no added sugar, and no artificial sweeteners. It also packs a protein punch of 15g per 5.3oz!
Baby spinach- Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol, spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also concentrated in health-promoting phytonutrients such as carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin) and flavonoids to provide you with powerful antioxidant protection. Filled with phytonutrients, including flavonoids and carotenoids, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits abound in spinach.
Chia seeds- Chia seeds are very high in Omega-3 fatty acids. They are also rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Chia seeds are so unique is that they can absorb up to 10X their own weight in water. Because of this, chia seeds can prolong hydration and improve nutrient absorption of electrolytes. This also slows digestion and keeps you feeling fuller longer while reducing sugar cravings. It also improves stamina and endurance, making chia seeds a great source of nutrition if you are looking to get in shape.
- 1 TB chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 3 TB Jif Peanut Powder
- 1/2 cup Oikos Vanilla Triple Zero Yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (cow's, almond, coconut, cashew- your choice)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup dark chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup ice
- Whipped cream
- About 30 minutes before making the smoothie, combine chia seeds with water and let sit.
- When ready to make a smoothie, add all ingredients except whipped cream in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Squirt 1 TB whipped cream into smoothie glass.
- Pour smoothie into a glass.
- Top with additional 1 TB whipped cream.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon peanut powder on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1145Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 11gSugar: 56gProtein: 29g
So, tell me, how are you doing with your wellness goals this year? What changes have you made?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -