Packed with three types of chocolate, these muffins are actually mini cakes. Pair them with Frozen Hot Cocoa, and you have a chocolate-filled dessert to impress!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YourSeasonIsServed #CollectiveBias
Ahhh, the holidays! I just love celebrating. It’s also so fun to create with food and make new yummy desserts and drinks to enjoy with family and friends.
When the weather starts turning colder, we stock up on Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa as our go-to evening drink. My only drawback is that I don’t really care for hot drinks. Instead, I make Frozen Hot Cocoa!
Since coming up with new recipes is one of my most favorite pastimes, I spent some time in the kitchen recently to see what I could create with Swiss Miss hot cocoa.
After a grocery shopping trip, I came home with all of the necessary supplies to whip up a new chocolate treat. With a little tweaking, I am happy with the results. My family is pretty happy as well. They do suffer so for my blog, don’t they?!
I give you my latest creation-
Triple Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mini Cakes!
These started out as muffins, but once we cut one open, we determined that they are more like a mini cake, so that’s what we’ve dubbed these chocolatey cakes of goodness.
I packed as much chocolate as I could into these mini cakes, while still retaining the hot cocoa flavor. Swiss Miss hot cocoa adds such a unique flavor to this recipe.
Top these mini cakes with Reddi-wip®, my first choice since it’s made from real cream. Add some chocolate syrup if you desire a bit more chocolate!
Since we had the Swiss Miss out and were in the creative mood, we mixed up Frozen Hot Cocoas to serve with our mini cakes. You could certainly drink the hot cocoa, well, hot, but I like this frozen drink best!
The frozen hot cocoa uses only 5 ingredients and is super simple to make!
Unless you have a high-powered blender, use chopped ice to make this frozen drink. The large ice cubes are a bit difficult to chop fine enough to “freeze” the drink.
To quickly chop ice, I add ice cubes to a large zip-top bag, then use a meat tenderizer to chop it up. You don’t need to go too small with the ice but chop it well.
I use half & half instead of milk for this drink. This makes the drink thicker and richer.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and whip it up. Take care not to blend too long as you want tiny bits of ice to remain, making this a frozen drink.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 ts baking powder
- 1 ts salt
- 2 packets Swiss Miss hot cocoa
- 1 package chocolate pudding mix (dry mix!)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 ts melted coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Prepare muffin tins by spraying with non-stick spray OR use muffin liners.
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs and butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add sour cream and coconut oil, mix to combine.
- Mix in dry ingredients to thoroughly combine.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tins.
- Add chocolate chips to top of mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until baked through. Take care not to overbake.
- Remove from oven, allow to sit in tins for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Serve with Reddi-wip whipped topping and chocolate syrup, if desired.
- 1 cup chopped ice
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 packet Swiss Miss hot cocoa
- 2 TB Reddi-wip whipped topping
- 1 ts chocolate syrup
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Mix to combine, taking care not to crush the ice too fine. The drink should have small ice pieces in it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 381mg Carbohydrates: 71g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 56g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -