Earlier this year, I chose a word for the year. My word was INTENTIONAL. Summer time is a perfect time to be more intentional.
So much that sounds good never actually happens due to, well, life.
Life happens and the days all run together. And before you know it, the summer break is over and you’ve only been to the creek (your children’s favorite place to cool off!) once. ONCE?! That should be criminal! (Now, in my defense, we only had one vehicle last summer and that made it hard to get places we wanted to go). But still, ONCE?!
We’ve been writing down the things we want to do, places we want to go, and people we want to see during our summer break.
A lot of people have bucket lists. Since this list is just for the summer, so therefore a smaller list, I thought an appropriate title for our summer list would be our Summer Pail List.
Here is our list, in no particular order:
1. Summer free movies at least 3 times
2. Summer free bowling at least 3 times
3. Swimming at the creek more than ONCE!
4. Tie-dye shirts
5. Produce auction
6. Can a plethora of goodies from said auction
7. Go out for ice cream
8. Go to the drive-in movies
9. Movie day
10. Stay in pajamas day
11. Make lanyards like I learned way back when at summer camp
12. Make a rag quilt like Natalie and Mary learned how to do at the curriculum fair in May
13. Daddy’s vacation week
14. Slow down, relax, and enjoy a break
What about you? Do you have a “summer pail” list? Care to share what’s on your list? I’d love to hear your plans!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -