Guest post from Jenni Mullinix
Those of you who have watched the television comedy, The Office, are familiar with “The Party Planning Committee”. Watching fictional characters get stressed out while attempting to plan a party can be funny. However, when you are the one getting overwhelmed with organizing a festive event, it’s not as humorous.
If you dread planning parties because of the anxiety is causes, check out the following tips for stress-free party planning.
1. Make lists and use them.
One of the easiest ways the avoid a lot of stress while planning a party is to make lists. Create lists for items you need to buy, things you need to do, people you want to invite, etc. Not only will this help you stay organized, but it will give you a sense of accomplishment when you start crossing things off.
2. Invite fewer people.
This can be difficult, but it can be a sure-fire way to keep your stress level down, while planning and during the festive event. (If you are one of those people that is energized by being surrounded by a massive group of people, you can disregard this tip!)
3. Keep decorations to a minimum.
Less is more when it comes to party decor. In my opinion. Choose a few items to be your focal points (like a banner and/or centerpieces) and skip the extra frills. This will save you quite a bit of time when setting up.
4. Accept help when it’s offered.
Or ask for it! There is no need for you to run around like in a frazzle when capable hands are nearby. Find things that you can delegate and share some of the party planning to-do’s.
5. Don’t try to live up to the expectations of others.
This is the most important tip you should remember. Whether the expectations are spoken, implied or perceived, they can be a heavy burden to bear. On the same note, avoid the comparison trap. Both of these will sap your joy in the blink of an eye.
Are you read to plan a party now? I hope these ideas will provide less stress and more fun in your party planning adventure.
How do you keep planning a party stress-free? Share your tips in a comment!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Christmas Meal Hacks - December 10, 2014