Throughout the changes of life, we can all deal with sleep struggles now and again.
Thomas, my 19 year old son, has had his share of sleep struggles for the past few years. He is a deep thinker, and we feel that contributes greatly to his struggles at sleeping. It’s hard for him to “turn his brain off” in order to sleep.
However, we have found some ways to battle this struggle.
He first tried melatonin. It worked for a few nights, but he found that he was extra groggy the next day, and he had to increase the dosage each evening in order to get the same effect.
Once he tried RESCUE, we knew we had a way to battle the sleep struggle! In his words, it doesn’t necessarily make him sleepy, it makes him able to control his thoughts, and indeed “turn his brain off” to get to sleep. This, my friends, is huge for him.
We purchased RESCUE at Walgreen’s. It’s also available at CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts and wherever you find natural products.
A little info about RESCUE:
- Helps you stress less, stay calm and in control.
- Developed by a doctor: Gentle and safe – non-habit-forming/no side effects.
- Trusted for generations: Used by millions worldwide.
- Fits your life: convenient and easy – comes in a variety of forms:
- RESCUE Pastilles
- RESCUE Sleep Liquid Melts
- RESCUE Pearls
- and more
Here are our solutions for sleep struggles:
1. Turn off the computer at least an hour before bed.
2. Turn off the phone too.
3. Read a book for pleasure before turning the light off (not a suspenseful book)
4. Be sure the room is dark, with no little annoying red or green lights shining from devices
5. Be sure the room is at a comfortable temperature.
6. At least weekly, wash the bedding. A freshly-made bed just seems to induce sleep.
7. Take a warm shower about an hour before bed.
8. Write your thoughts about your day out.
9. Make a to-do list for the next day.
10. Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, weekends included.
11. Check your mattress, turn it if needed, and cover it with a hypo-allergenic cover.
12. Invest in new pillows, also covered with a hypo-allergenic cover.
13. Be sure you are eating a well-balanced diet.
14. Stay away from energy drinks.
15. Use RESCUE when you’ve done all of the above, and are still having trouble getting to sleep.
Sleep struggles affect so many of us. It leads to weight gain, fogginess, lethargy, and lack of energy. I hope these tips help you to find a sleep struggle solution that works for you! If you have any tips to share, please leave them in a comment below. I’d love to add to this list!
Here’s a coupon for you to save on your purchase too!! Buy One Get One FREE!!!
P.S. Join us for the RESCUE “Stress Less. Enjoy More.” Twitter Party on Wednesday, March 18 at 12pm PT/3pm ET. We’re giving away six $50 Visa gift cards and one Bose® QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones (ARV $299.99). RSVP here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -