Smothered Smoky Chicken. Doesn’t that just sound tasty? A chicken breast elevated to a new level of deliciousness. Yum!
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are so convenient for making quick suppers. We have them in some form or fashion a couple of nights per week.
Here’s a tasty recipe I came up one evening when we wanted something just a bit decadent, but still quick. I hope you enjoy it too! I think some of the best recipes are easy creations made by busy Mamas. For another one of these quick supper recipes, check out Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts!
You can change this recipe up, and I encourage you to do so! Make the recipe your own. Don’t care for mushrooms or onions? Leave them off (I do for those in my family who don’t care for one or the other!)
Or dice the onions super small so you have the flavor without a chunky onion.
Change out the cheese for one that you want to try. Gouda cheese would also be good choice to use in this recipe!
Smothered Smoky Chicken Recipe:
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 TB Weber Kick'n Chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoke paprika
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices smoked Provolone cheese
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, then in half again.
- Sprinkle with Weber's Kick'n Chicken seasoning and smoked paprika.
- Fry bacon until crisp, let cool a bit, then crumble.
- Cook the breasts on medium high heat in coconut oil until browned, then flip.
- Once cooked through, top with bacon, shredded smoked cheddar cheese, then some smoked provolone cheese. Let melt.
- On the side, saute mushrooms and onions in a bit of coconut oil, then added them to the chicken.
Try these other easy chicken recipes!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -