We are making a concentrated effort to eat better. One way we are doing that is to get more coconut oil into our diet. We are also eating low-carb, which means no sugar. Which used to mean no chocolate. Gasp! But, with this Skinny Chocolate Fudge, we can do both- eat low carb and enjoy coconut oil. It works wonderfully with the Trim Healthy Mama plan as well!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Skinny Chocolate Fudge- THM friendly:
- Place coconut oil in large glass measuring cup.
- Melt oil in microwave (or in a double boiler over low heat.)
- While coconut oil is melting, grind the xylitol in a coffee grinder to a
- fine powder
- Lightly wet the inside of an 8" X 8" pan with water, then line with plastic wrap.
- Once coconut oil is melted, whisk in ground xylitol, cocoa powder, and almond extract.
- Then mix in the cream cheese (be sure it is softened).
- When thoroughly combined, pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped coconut and nuts over mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Place pan
intofreezer, chill until hard.
- Once hardened, pull out of
freezer, remove plastic wrap, chop into pieces.
- Store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
How do you incorporate coconut oil into your diet?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -