The versatile boneless, skinless chicken breast does it again with this quick meal- Simple Chicken Cheese Enchilada Boats!
Recently, I was invited to check out Publix’s Flavor Excursion and challenged to come up with a new recipe using a few General Mills products. Being one that likes to create in the kitchen, I gladly took the challenge!
I have to say, I will most definitely be making this recipe again! Even my non-tomato-loving daughter raved about it!
For those nights when you simply need a quick and easy meal, I encourage you to give this recipe a try! I give you my latest kitchen creation-
Simple Chicken Cheese Enchilada Boats
Saute onions and bell peppers, stir in a can of Hunt’s Roasted Garlic diced tomatoes, and Ro*Tel diced tomatoes & green chilies in a bit of coconut oil.
Stir in two cans of Progresso Chicken Cheese Enchilada soup, an 8 oz block of cream cheese, and half a bag of Kraft Mexican cheese. Add taco seasoning pack from the Old El Paso taco boats dinner kit. Simmer until cheeses are melted.
Stir and simmer on low until ready to serve. While that’s simmering, use some tasty avocados to whip up a bowl of guacamole.
It’s honestly super yummy as a soup with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce. (I wish I had a big bowl of it in front of me right now!)
OR, you can “Kick it up a notch,” as Emeril used to say . . .
These taco boats are the cutest things ever! I served some as packaged, a soft tortilla boat.
I deep-fried the other half of the package. To do so, I heated oil to about 375*F and submerged the taco boat with a pair of tongs. I kept the tongs inside of the boat, to help keep its shape as it cooked. (sorry, no cooking photo, we need a better camera that picks up action like bubbling oil!)
To assemble to taco boats, begin with a layer of chopped lettuce in the bottom of the boat. Add a scoop of the filling, then top with sour cream, guacamole, cheese, and taco sauce. Then, dive in!
Make your own fresh guacamole in minutes!
- half an onion, chopped
- half a bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Boats Dinner Kit
- 2 cans Progresso Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt's Roasted Garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz bag shredded Kraft Mexican Cheese
- Saute onion and bell pepper in coconut oil.
- Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, Ro*Tel, packet of taco seasoning from dinner kit, cream cheese, and half bag of shredded cheese.
- Simmer until cheese is melted, stirring often.
- Serve in a taco boat from the dinner kit, topping with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce.
This dish can also be served as a soup with sour cream, guacamole, and taco sauce.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -