Each year, we decorate gingerbread (or graham cracker, depending on the busyness of the holiday season!) houses.
Since Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, I wanted to add some new fun stuff to our celebration this year.
I give you our latest creation- love shacks!
Quick and Easy Valentine’s Day Love Shacks:
White almond bark
Plate to build love shack on
Melt almond bark. My preferred method of melting almond bark or chocolate is in a warmer, but you can use a double boiler as well. For our love shacks, I broke graham crackers in half. Break your graham crackers to your desired size. Once the almond bark is melted, you are ready to begin.
Apply a line of melted almond bark to the edge of a graham cracker, attach a second graham cracker to the first.
Next, add the other two sides.
Let dry. (the almond bark, when spread thin, does not take long at all to dry.)
We made flat roofs for for our love shacks, but again, this is your creation. Go wild!
Once the entire love shack is built, allow to dry and firm up.
Next, you’re ready to get creative! We like to use a multitude of different candies. Here, we’ve used Twizzlers, Rolos, Kit Kats, Milk Duds, Conversation Hearts, Candy Corn, sprinkles, and more.
I like to let each child create their own masterpiece. I only help out when they ask for it, or if I see that something is clearly not going to work. But, honestly, I just let them do their own thing.
Do you make graham cracker houses? I’d sure love to see what you create!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -