Here is a cute, simple, and economical craft to try! It doesn’t require much in the way of materials and is a great craft for children to make.
Quick and Easy Stained Glass Candle Holders
Jar- we used baby food jars, but any jar will work (we keep glass jars any time we get them- pickle jars are especially nice!)
Tissue paper- multiple colors
Mod Podge glue– we used matte finish
Disposable plate to pour glue onto
Tea light candle
Thoroughly clean the jar to be decorated, allow to dry thoroughly.
Tear tissue paper into small pieces.
Working in small areas, begin by coating a section of the jar a little larger than the torn tissue paper with Mod Podge.
Place a piece of torn tissue paper onto glued area (be sure there is glue behind all of the tissue paper, you are basically sandwiching the tissue paper between layers of glue).
Coat the top of the tissue paper (and a bit beyond) with Mod Podge.
Continue adding pieces of tissue paper, overlapping the edges of the pieces, until the entire jar is covered.
Add one final layer of Mod Podge to seal.
Allow to thoroughly dry.
Place tea light candle inside.
Light and enjoy!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -