With all that we have to get done each day, getting started on the right foot means more than ever. While we’re all packing more into our days, it seems like some things are left off our to-do list.
Morning time can be so full of to-do’s that we overlook one of the most important steps, that of eating breakfast. We’ve all heard that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Yet, why do so many of us (myself included!) skip it?
While my children are older, my morning routine is still filled with tasks. My day begins at 4am, when my Honey’s alarm goes off. From that point on, I’ve got a to-do list to tackle. The rest of my morning includes beginning our homeschool day, a trip to town if Natalie works that day, laundry, and all those other homemaking duties. Somewhere in there, I often neglect to eat breakfast.
When I heard that Nature Valley’s new cereal flavors contain 23g of whole grain and 10g+ of protein, I wanted to give them a try. When I got to Publix to do the grocery shopping, I found that there are 3 delicious and wholesome flavors to choose from.
● Honey Oat Clusters
● Chocolate Oat Clusters
● Baked Oat Bites
After giving them a try, I can attest that the Chocolate Oat Clusters are SUPER yummy! Not only are they great for breakfast, they make a rather tasty evening snack!
If you’re trying to “get more done,” try changing up your morning routine. I find that making a master list of all that my day entails helps me see all that I need to accomplish. Using my planner helps me identify the items that are most important.
Power Up Your Morning Routine:
- Take your supplements. For me, this includes Plexus Slim, X Factor, and BioCleanse.
- Begin with a bit of quiet time- I don’t always have time for a long quiet time, but any is better than none!
- Eat a good breakfast! (talking to myself here!)
- Drink 2 large glasses of water.
- Prioritize your to-do list- most likely, you won’t be able to accomplish everything on your list, so be sure to tackle the most important items first.
- Shower, dress, and do your hair/makeup- it is amazing how much more productive I am when I do this first!
- No screen time until you’ve completed the above items.
- Give yourself grace as you get on with the rest of your day!
What does your morning routine look like? Any changes you are making?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -