Once I figured out how to make my own Pico de Gallo, I was hooked! I’m not a huge cilantro fan, so by making it myself, I can control the ingredients and make it just the way I like it.
It’s also half of my Easy Homemade Guacamole recipe. 😉
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 whole onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 ts lemon juice
- Cilantro, to your taste
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop tomatoes, onion, and pepper. Combine in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add chopped cilantro ( I am not a huge fan of cilantro, so I use only ¼ -1/2 ts, if you like the taste of cilantro, add more). Add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover and let sit for 2-3 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Here are some great recipes to enjoy with your fresh homemade guacamole-
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -