Our family has not bought paper towels in about six almost seven months. I decided right before the New Year to take the plunge and try it, why not?
I was hesitant, I admit, how could I possibly SURVIVE without paper towels? What would I wipe the tables with, clean up countless messes with, wipe my counters, and windows with?
But you know what? I don’t miss them one bit. It also has taken out a huge expense of our grocery bill each month because we don’t buy them anymore. It really is doable. I highly recommend going paper towel less in your home and I am going to share a few tips on HOW to take the first steps to doing just that.
The Paper Towel-Less Home:
purchase or shop your home for a pretty bowl or cute clear container- this is what you will place your towels in.
purchase microfiber towels, waffle, or bar cloth towels (like these ones or these)
Purchase a certain color for each room- I have blue for bathrooms, red for kitchen, etc.
Clean out a drawer to place all the towels that will be used for spills, messes, etc.
Ta-Da! You are on your way to a paper towel-less home. Honestly, just slowly begin to use them and give yourself at least a month to instinctively begin to reach for a cloth rather than a paper towel for cleaning and messes.
My next goal is to buy cloth napkins and begin using them! I am looking at these ones currently!
So tell me, have you ever tried to go paper towel free or napkin free? What tips do you have?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -
Leave a Reply