Guest post from Sarah Robinson
As homemakers, it can be challenging to keep track of which glass belongs to each person in the house, especially if there are more than one or two people living with you. There are many different ways to combat the problem of 20 dirty glasses a day, but when I saw this tutorial on Pinterest, I quickly pinned it, knowing that it would be one of my future craft projects.
How to Make Chalkboard Labeled Drinking Glasses
To make these glasses, you will need:
- A set of drinking glasses, making sure that the part you’re planning to paint on is smooth with no ridges or texture
- Painter’s tape
- Chalkboard Spray paint (found at Lowes or Home Depot)
Figure out what size you want your rectangle of chalkboard paint. Cover all of the glass in painter’s tape except that small little rectangle. Get the tape pressed-down firmly around the rectangle, so that it does not bleed.
Spray your rectangle with the chalkboard paint, being careful not to spray too much in order to avoid dripping. When it is mostly dry, remove the tape. If it has bled, you can use some alcohol on a cotton swab to dab any off.
Let sit for 24 hours before use. To add to their durability, you can bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Be sure to put them in before you preheat the oven, let it preheat, set the timer for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off, letting the glasses cool down with the oven, as well. I have read this process of baking will make them more resilient. We had thought that the final step would make them dishwasher safe, but no, you will need to hand wash these glasses to keep the paint from coming off.
I can’t wait to get my hands on a set for my own family!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -