Guest post from Andrea Anderson
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Washing Soda
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Mineral Oil
- Coarse Salt – Sea Salt is great
I suggest getting a spray bottle (or recycle some you already use now) and put a cleaner solution in every part of your home. That way cleaning up messes or wiping down counters and mirrors are as easy as reaching under the counter.
Here are some basic Natural Cleaner Recipes I use in my home on a regular basis:
Everyday Vinegar Solution
** This solution can be used on counters, table tops, toilets, floors- basically any surface you need to disinfect and clean.
1 cup strong black tea
3 TB Vinegar
Use this as your ratio, so for example, if you use 3 cups of tea, you would add 9 TB of Vinegar.
**Again, I use this throughout my home and it leaves no streaks. I used it on windows and mirrors all the time, I love it!
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
1 cup Baking Soda
1 cup Vinegar
Pour ingredients into toilet bowl in that order. Let it fizz for 5 minutes (or longer if necessary), then scrub clean.
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup borax
Sprinkle generously over carpet, wait one hour, then vacuum.
1/3 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup of water
No rinsing required
If the smell of vinegar bothers you, which for most people it does, feel free to squeeze lemon juice in your spray bottle and it will dilute the smell. Alternatively, if you happen to have essential oils, you may add a few drops to your cleaner, it’s a nice way to choose your cleaning scent. The vinegar smell is usually gone within 5 minutes.
“White distilled vinegar is an effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals.” Taken from VinegarTips.com
Do you use natural, homemade cleaners in your home?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -