Tacos are not the easiest item to take to a buffet. That is unless you take these mini taco bites with white queso dip!
The mini taco bites are simple to prepare, transport easily, freeze well, and quite tasty!
You will need a few ingredients. Won ton wrappers can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. I like to keep a package on hand for a quick meal.
These mini taco bites also make a great meal to take to a friend. Transporting tacos and all of the fixings can be cumbersome. This dish is easy to transport. They can be reheated a few at a time or the entire pan at once.
After spraying a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, insert a won ton wrapper into each cavity. Take care not to rip the wrapper. Fold it gently to stay in place.
Next up, fill the won ton wrapper with taco meat and refried beans.
Top with salsa and shredded cheese, then bake.
You can make these mini taco bites vegetarian by leaving off the taco meat. I’d suggest making the refried beans a little more chunky and with more spice if you’re going to make these vegetarian-friendly.
To reheat the mini taco bites, place on a cookie sheet, then into a 200*F oven for 10 minutes or so.
Top with white queso dip and a bit of sour cream for a tasty mini taco bite!
- Won Ton Wrappers
- 1 cup or so Refried Beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 TB taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ts taco seasoning
- 6 oz Fiesta Blend cheese, divided
- 3 TB Salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Mix cream cheese with 3 oz Fiesta Blend cheese, and 1 ts taco seasoning, set aside.
- Brown ground beef, stir in taco seasoning.
- Stir in water, bring to boil, then simmer until the water is gone and a sauce is created.
- Place won ton wrappers in a mini muffin pan (if using a non-stick pan, do not spray)
- Layer refried beans, cheese mixture, salsa, and taco meat (if using, can leave out to make vegetarian)
- Bake 15-20 minutes,
- If freezing, bake just 10 minutes, cool, wrap well, freeze. To reheat from frozen, place on a cookie sheet, bake at 375* for 20-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 226mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -