Making Progress with Progresso:
With the new year has come a new change for our family. Our third child, Natalie, is 16 and has her first job!
This is indeed exciting!
It also means that life is busier than ever around our home. Chores are changing, and meals must get easier. One way we save time and still enjoy hearty meals is by simplifying the process. There is a time for homemade soups and stews, then there are times for quick meals. Since we eat a mostly low-carb diet, I try to still follow that with our quick meals.
Imagine my surprise when I checked the labels on Progresso Light Soup! All under 100 calories per serving. And the carb count isn’t too high either! Rich, filling soups that are ready to eat, yet within our preferred ranges for calories and carbs? YES!
We like to pair a hot bowl of soup with a sandwich. But, not just any sandwich. Our favorite sandwich is also low carb. Natalie came up with this creation. We haven’t named it yet. I started calling it the yummy sandwich, but my daughters think it needs a better name. Eh, they know what I’m talking about when I say that I’m going to make one!
This sandwich is made with Joseph’s lavash rolls. I don’t care for them straight from the package, though some of my family likes to make roll up sandwiches with them that way. I prefer them “grilled.” It makes the sandwich a little “meatier.”
It’s simple, just cut the lavash roll in half, add mayo and a bit of mustard. Then layer sliced cheese and deli meat, topped with pickle slices, and sauteed onions. Roll up, then toast on the grill. We have a grill section on our stove. You could also do this grilling in a cast iron pan or on a Griddler. Either way, just add a bit of butter to the grill, heat it up, then toast the sandwich on each side. Yummyness ahead!
Pair this sandwich with your favorite soup, and you have a quick, satisfying meal, all while staying true to your lower carb, higher protein diet! Look at all of the choices available!
• Progresso Light Soup Beef Pot Roast
• Progresso Light Soup Vegetable
• Progresso Soup Light Chicken Cheese Enchilada
• Progresso Soup Light Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon
• Progresso Soup Light Chicken Dumpling
• Progresso Soup Light Chicken Noodle
• Progresso Soup Light Chicken Pot Pie Style
• Progresso Soup Light Creamy Alfredo with Chicken
• Progresso Soup Light Creamy Potato Bacon Cheese
• Progresso Soup Light New England Clam Chowder
• Progresso Soup Light Savory Beef Vegetable
These soups make it easy to stay on track with your wellness goals. I have set goals for this year, and making good choices when it comes to eating is right near the top of that list. I’m happy to have a convenient choice that is still in line with my goals.
Be sure to print your coupon to save on Progresso Light Soup before heading to the store!
Leave a comment below telling me which Progresso Light Soup you want to try first to win $15 Paypal cash!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -