Guest post from Sarah Robinson
It’s that time of year again. Yes, Father’s Day, June 17th, is just around the corner. Have you bought your favorite Dad something special yet? If you’re like me, you haven’t because you have no clue what to get him.
Do the dads in your life always buy exactly what they want, making it really hard to pick them out a gift? Yeah, here too. Either that or they want the $300 items that aren’t in the budget for a Father’s Day gift. I could buy them fishing stuff, but I have a feeling the lures and line that I picked out wouldn’t be quite right. Because of that, we are getting a little creative this year and planning ahead! After all, dads are REALLY special!
Here is my list of Father’s Day gift ideas for you, that won’t break the bank! Maybe it will help you think outside the box a little and keep dad from getting a shirt again this year.
- Framed Photo Collage – Something meaningful to him. His kids, his favorite places, etc. Check out this idea.
- Home Made Coupon Book – This is a fun idea where you give dad a coupon saying you’ll do something special for him. All he has to do is give it to you when he’s ready to redeem it. (If you don’t want to make one, I’m giving away a free printable coupon book for members of my personal blog’s Facebook page here).
- Movie Theater Gift Card
- A Clean Car – Offer to detail his car for him. From vacuuming it to washing it. He’ll love the clean car and not having to do it himself!
- Prepare his favorite meal, complete with dessert OR make him breakfast in bed.
- Candy Basket – The dads in my life are suckers for candy! (pun, mostly intended, lol)
- Fast Food Gift Cards – Yes, dads like to be able to zip through the drive thru when their tummy calls.
- A Head Lamp – I know, this may sound weird, but this has been a top gift in our house. My husband LOVES his head lamp. It is the one flashlight where the batteries are never low and he can always find it!
- Music CD – Consider making one full of his favorite songs for him by purchasing the MP3 songs from Amazon and putting them on a CD or, you can do it the old fashioned way and but him one from Wal-Mart.
- Digital Photo Keychain – Dads love showing pictures of their family, but they don’t often remember to put them in their wallets. Of course, if they had this digital keychain, they could even load pictures of their “big catch” from their fishing trip to show off to their buddies!
What are YOUR inexpensive Father’s Day gift ideas? Leave a comment and share them with us!
Please consider joining me & 20 other bloggers, many of whom are writers for Homemakers Challenge at the 5 Days of Mothering & Homemaking Series, going on right now!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -