How to Organize Your Ebook Library
Can you relate?
You see that your favorite author has released a new book. You want to read it NOW (cause you’re impatient . . . ahem!), so you choose the ebook version. You happily download that ebook and begin reading. A few days later, you notice a few e-books that are free on Amazon (yay for FREE!), so you download those as well. A favorite blogger that you follow offers an amazing deal on her latest ebook, so of course, you purchase it (supporting her and getting a great deal for yourself!)
This continues for a few months. Then, one day, you’re looking for one of those ebook titles. You know that the recipe ebook you purchased is living in your computer SOMEWHERE, but you simply can’t locate it.
I sort of hope that you can relate to me for it will make me feel better about the utter confusion that was my ebook library.
Enter my son, the computer genius, to help his Mama. I told him of my frustration and he came to my rescue. Once he showed me how to organize my ebooks, I was surprised at how easy it truly was to implement!
These instructions are for a PC. While I adore my iPhone, I haven’t ventured into Mac territory . . . yet . . .
1. At the bottom of your screen, click on the folder icon
2. Click on libraries
3. Click on documents
4. Click on new folder
5. Find NEW FOLDER in list of documents, right click on the NEW FOLDER, choose rename, assign a name to your folder, hit enter
6. BOOM! You just created your first folder! Go, you!
7. To create sub-folders, click to open that first folder, then click new folder, name this new folder
8. Locate the ebook you wish to move, left click on it, drag it to the left, hovering over the folders. I place mine in documents, so I hover over documents, then all folders under documents open, I then look for the folder I wish to place the ebook within. Once I find it, simply let go of the left click to drop it there. The screen will show the folder where you are moving the ebook.
9. That’s it.
You’ve organized your e-book library!
It really is simple to organize your ebook library on your computer. I highly recommend backing up your ebook library to a flash drive, external hard drive, or even an online cloud storage. Do remember that ebooks are not meant to be shared with others. We all need to respect the work that authors put into their ebooks, and they are worthy of their wages. If you love an ebook and wish to share it with a friend, do the right thing and purchase a copy for your friend to use as a gift.
Now that you have your ebook library organized, it’s time to add more titles to your collection! I have just the collection for you!
The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle is filled with ebooks, courses, planners, and such to help you as a homemaker! Hurry, as this bundle is only available until Monday, April 16th! This bundle is valued at over $2000, but you’ll enjoy all of these goodies for only $29.97!
With your ebook library neatly organized, tell me how many ebooks you have on your computer? Did you find many more than you thought you had? I sure did! Tell me your story!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -