Guest post from Dollie Freeman
Our home office got completely out of control and I decided to take the challenge and get it organized.
Here is how I organized our home office:
- Invest in Cubbies – We love our cubbies, which would be obvious of our photos. The function they provide, with such small floor space really can make a difference in small areas and can be used in many ways.
- Invest in bins – We put some money into this organizing effort because we wanted to categorize bins and not see the ‘clutter’ that many office items create.
- Categorize – We keep like things together for easy finding and availability. We have a bin for crafts, for office supplies, for templates, for electronics and for software. This makes it easy for even our younger children to find things.
- Get ride of clutter – There were many things that we had in our office that really needed to be thrown away. This challenge made it easier for us to say goodbye to the old. We threw around old pens, markers, crayons, crafts and other items that we just never used.
Here are the results of our organizing efforts:
Having a clean desk area is so important to the function of our home, since our high school son uses the family computer for his assignments and my husband can work from home a large portion of his work week.
This is our first cubby that we purchased from the previous homeowners and we were hooked on cubbies at that point. Investing in a few more larger bins, categorizing and getting rid of clutter really made a huge impact on the organization of this large piece of functional furniture.
I was so shocked when I opened this closet door to find the mess that awaited me here. No wonder my children were keeping this door closed! Some dear friends were moving away, while downsizing for the move, offered this cubby to us. I never hesitated when this was offered because I already knew just how these really help organize our home. It was too high to fit in our closet, but that is where I wanted to use it, because I never wanted to see that horrible surprise again. My husband went to work removing the bottom shelves of the unit and with the help of our oldest son, put it in the new home. My three year old loves to go into this closet and get out a few of the learning bins that I have for him there and plays with them on his own. He has quickly learned the rules of putting things back where you have found them.
Our whole family helped with this challenge and because of that, we each have done our part to keeping it organized. It really brings a smile to my face each time I walk in and see everything in its place.
What is one place in your home that is ready for a homemaker’s challenge?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -