Today, I’m going to share with you how to make the worst hamburgers ever. Seriously. 😉
1. Don’t put anything in the burger.
Don’t add anything to moisten the meat. Just form it into patties and cook. Or buy a bag of of the preformed patties. That works too.
Please, just use the Best Burger Ever recipe.
2. Use the leanest meat possible.
I know fat is “bad,” but if you are grilling, your burgers aren’t siting in the fat. It’s dripping away, leaving your burgers dry and tasteless. Ick.
Use at least 80/20 for grilling.
3. Flatten them with a spatula.
While that burger is cooking, smush the you-know-what out of it with the spatula so every bit of fat spills out.
Please, don’t squeeze!
4. Flip constantly.
Make that burger think it’s in an amusement park. Not only will be probably turn out dry because you handle it so much that squishing is inevitable (see above), but you also won’t know if it’s cooked through, increasing the chance of being overcooked.
Instead, cook it for 5 minutes without touching it! Then flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Add your cheese, if desired, but don’t leave it on the grill for longer than a minute or so more. This will usually get you medium well burgers, depending on thickness of the burger & heat of the grill.
5. Don’t use salt.
Salt is terrible for you and you should never add it to anything ever–especially when grilling!
A liberal shake of seasoning salt or other seasoning blend with salt will improve the taste. Trust me. My husband salts until he thinks it’s too much and adds another shake for good measure.
So those are my tips for making the worst burgers ever!
Do you have any burger grilling tips? Please do share!!!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -