When I first walk into any home, the first thing I notice is the scent around me. I am either immediately turned off by the place or I feel comfortable and welcomed. Because of that, I love to keep our home smelling fresh and welcoming. My husband once said that he loved how great the house smelled on laundry day. I realized it was because of the scent that our fabric softener gave off throughout the whole house. After a few more mentions of that, I began to wonder how I could get that to linger a bit longer than one day a week.
This is what I came up with:
Homemade Air Freshener:
An empty spray bottle
Measuring cup (I used ½ cup)
Optional: a funnel if you are not too steady with the hand
The ratio is one part fabric softener and two parts water.
Pour the desired amount of fabric softener into your bottle; fill it up with water and spray!
It is that easy!
Not only is this cheaper than any other good air freshener I have purchased, but it is also personal to our home. I don’t know why, but I switch up fabric softener scents sometimes. Maybe it’s because of the seasons and I just like we have different candles throughout the year depending on the season, I like to have different fabric softener scents too. I use this air freshener all over our home, but I also like to spray some on the mattresses when I am letting them air out, as well as on the couch and any other thick fabric surfaces we may have.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day - January 28, 2015