Be sure to enter the giveaway of a Kindle at the end of this post!
Growing up, my dream was to become a wife and Mama. Those were my career goals, that’s what I wanted to do with my life. I didn’t aspire to earn a degree, climb the corporate ladder, or be the next great _____. I wanted to do what my Mom did. What my Gram did. I wanted to provide a warm and loving home to my family. To be there to do all of the jobs a homemaker does. Thankfully, God granted me my heart’s desire. I’ve been a homemaker since 6 months after we married in 1991. I had been working, but it was finally time to leave that job due to a really bad boss. I had plans of how to still contribute to our income, but they didn’t pan out. Somehow, we were able to financially afford for me to be home.
We added our first child in March 1993. That’s when life truly began for me as a wife and Mama. We were blessed with three more babes to raise over the next ten years. Life has been crazy, busy, hard, easy, and fun rolled into one. It’s been what I dreamed of- that of being home to “make a home” for my family.
While most of homemaking has come pretty easy to me, I realize that this is not the case for all who are homemakers. Many did not have a Mom at home growing up. Some did, but were simply uninterested in learning this “craft.”
What I have come to realize, through talks with friends, is that there is a great need for homemaking mentors. Many of the old ways are still good. Older ladies used to teach the younger ones in the skills involved in keeping a home. Life is far too busy these days for this to happen much. And so much of our life is online, that we seek teaching and training there more than in person.
This is why Successful Homemakers exists. Not because I am a perfect homemaker, not by a long shot. But, because I believe we all can be successful in homemaking. We can have supper on the table every evening, laundry taken care of, a neat home (though lived in!), and still have time to have fun with our family. It is possible. We don’t have to live in chaos.
There are many options out there for you to learn. From bloggers offering free tips to paid subscription services, help is available. I hope that Successful Homemakers is among your choices in learning this important skill (or improving the skills you already possess!)
I want to share one excellent option for you, the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. This bundle of e-books touches on every part that makes up the term homemaking- mothering babies, cooking, cleaning, encouraging, planning, homemade cleaners, finances, organizing, self-care, working from home, and so much more. Not just e-books, but videos and e-courses too. There are 99 items included in this bundle sale.
- Cleaning… create a healthy, toxin-free home
- DIY/Homemade… fun and frugal ways to express your personal style
- Devotionals and Faith… take a break from the daily grind to renew yourself
- Finances… build a budget that works
- Cooking & Meal Planning… serve easier, tastier meals in less time
- Holidays & Special Events… brighten up old family traditions and create new
- Homeschooling… homeschool with grace and ease
- Marriage… heat up your marriage
- Motherhood… find peace, balance & joy in mothering
- Organizing… conquer the clutter and simplify your life
- Pregnancy & Babies… enjoy a healthy pregnancy and prepare to nurture your baby
- Health & Wellness… soothe aches & pains with natural remedies
- Working from Home… hone your talents, live your passions and earn money to help your family
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -