These easy steps to get and stay organized in under 10 minutes are a cinch to add to your routine.
Who loves to come home to a clean and well-organized house? I know that I do!
I know a few things about getting and staying organized. And I will let you in on a secret: I like to clean my house the day before I leave for a trip so I can come home to a clean and organized house!
Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes
I love clearing the clutter from my home, mind, and life. I truly feel it is a huge way that I reduce stress. And while I personally enjoy organizing, I know that not everyone feels the same.
It is so easy to be overrun by clutter. In fact, studies show that a disorganized, stressed-out person spends about 10 to 20 percent of the day looking for misplaced items.
If you are just getting started, this can be overwhelming. I have a plan to help even the most unmotivated person find quick ways to keep on top of the clutter.
Top Tips to Getting and Staying Organized:
- Pick one area of your home to start with such as the kitchen counters
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- Do all you can to organize and clean this area in the allotted time
I challenge you to try this and see how great it feels when you are done. This exercise can be repeated in any area of your home.
Easy Morning Routine:
After getting ready each morning, tackle these areas:
- Make your bed
- Clear the Bathroom Counters
- Put any dirty clothes from yesterday in the hamper
This quick morning routine takes about 10-15 minutes. I know that you will find that it is nice to come home and have these areas all tidy.
Quick Evening Routine:
After getting home and changing out of work clothes, tackle these areas:
- Hang up your coat and put your work bag away
- Hang up clothes and put items in the hamper
- Make sure all shoes are picked up and put away
If you really want to get a handle on your organization, then make a goal of 30 minutes each evening. This will allow you to tackle three or four areas from my bonus list using the method.
Bonus: Things you can do in under 5 minutes to organize any area of your house:
- Organize one drawer (a sock drawer, junk drawer, etc.)
- Make the bed
- Fluff the pillows on the couch
- Clean off the coffee table
- Pick up dirty clothes and put them in the hamper
- Collect any shoes from the hallway or living room floor (basically, where they don’t belong) and put them away
- Quickly go through the refrigerator and discard any spoiled food or old leftovers
- Collect newspapers for the recycle bin
- Tidy up and/or clean off the refrigerator door. Get rid of old menus, grocery lists, etc.
- Pick up your jacket, purse, and briefcase and put them in the hall closet
- Put away everything off of the countertops
- Pull the shower curtain closed to hide any bathtub clutter
Creighton Abrams said, “When eating an elephant take one bite at a time.”
Your strategy for getting organized should be one step at a time. And please, don’t be overwhelmed. It doesn’t have to happen all at once. Just start with baby steps and little by little you will get there.
I am sure that if you will commit to taking 10-15 minutes twice a day, you will find that you can slowly conquer your clutter. And I know that you will love coming home to an organized home.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -