These easy steps to get and stay organized in under 10 minutes are a cinch to add to your routine.
Who loves to come home to a clean and well organized house? I know that I do!
I know a few things about getting and staying organized. And I will let you in on a secret: I like to clean my house the day before I leave for a trip so I can come home to a clean and organized house!
Special thanks to Megin of VMG206.com for this guest post!!
Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes
I love clearing the clutter from my home, mind and life. I truly feel it is a huge way that I reduce stress. And while I personally enjoy organizing, I know that not everyone feels the same.
It is so easy to be overrun by clutter. In fact, studies show that a disorganized, stressed out person spends about 10 to 20 percent of the day looking for misplaced items.
If you are just getting started, this can be overwhelming. I have a plan to help even the most unmotivated person find quick ways to keep on top of the clutter.
Top Tips to Getting and Staying Organized:
- Pick one area of your home to start with such as the kitchen counters
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- Do all you can to organize and clean this area in the allotted time
I challenge you to try this and see how great it feels when you are done. This exercise can be repeated in any area of your home.
Easy Morning Routine:
After getting ready each morning, tackle these areas:
- Make your bed
- Clear the Bathroom Counters
- Put any dirty clothes from yesterday in the hamper
This quick morning routine takes about 10-15 minutes. I know that you will find that it is nice to come home and have these areas all tidy.
Quick Evening Routine:
After getting home and changing out of work clothes, tackle these areas:
- Hang up your coat and put your work bag away
- Hang up clothes and put items in hamper
- Make sure all shoes are picked up and put away
If you really want to get a handle on your organization, then make a goal of 30 minutes each evening. This will allow you to tackle three or four areas from my bonus list using the method.
Bonus: Things you can do in under 5 minutes to organize any area of your house:
- Organize one drawer (a sock drawer, your junk drawer, etc.)
- Make the bed
- Fluff your pillows on the couch
- Clean off the coffee table
- Pick up dirty clothes and put them in the hamper
- Collect any shoes from the hallway or living room floor (basically, where they don’t belong) and put them away
- Quickly go through the refrigerator and discard any spoiled food or old leftovers
- Collect newspapers for the recycle bin
- Tidy up and/or clean off the refrigerator door. Get rid of old menus, grocery lists, etc.
- Pick up your jacket, purse and briefcase and put them in the hall closet
- Put away everything off of the counter tops
- Pull the shower curtain closed to hide any bathtub clutter
Creighton Abrams said, “When eating an elephant take one bite at a time.”
In conclusion, your strategy for getting organized should be one step at a time. And please, don’t be overwhelmed. It doesn’t have to happen all at once. Just start with baby steps and little by little you will get there.
I am sure that if you will commit to taking 10-15 minutes twice a day, you will find that you can slowly conquer your clutter. And I know that you will love coming home to an organized home.
You might also be interested in my Top 5 Tips to Keeping a Clean House with Dogs
My Bio ~
Hi, I’m Megin of VMG206
Do you ever feel like you are so busy every day that you crawl into bed at night wondering where all the time went? At VMG206 we offer ways that help you slow down and Live a Beautiful Life. I’ve found that so many women struggle to fit it all in and feel like they miss out on the things in life that matter most, which is why our passion is to help women everywhere by offering quick and easy solutions to everyday tasks. What our readers love most is that there’s no pressure to do everything or to be perfect, because no one can. I think you’d really enjoy it and I’d love for you to take a look!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day - January 28, 2015