Until recently, I did not care for guacamole. As much as I love Mexican food, I’d ask the server to leave it off my plate. It just wasn’t something I cared to eat.
My daughter, Rebecca, on the other hand, LOVES guacamole. She asked me to make her a batch one day. After making it myself, I realized why I don’t care for most restaurant versions of guacamole, it was the cilantro. Many restaurants add way too much cilantro to their guacamole. I’m not a huge cilantro fan, so being able to add just enough to my homemade version means I now add a healthy serving of this yummyness to my Mexican meals such as Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken Fajita Salad.
- 2 avocados
- ½ recipe Pico de Gallo
- 1 ts Lemon juice
tsCilantro (to taste, if you love cilantro, add more!)
- Mash avocados into a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
- Refrigerate an hour or so.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -