Fresh, homemade guacamole is a simple to prepare dish that you can tailor to your taste. Add it to your next Mexican dish!
Until recently, I did not care for guacamole. As much as I love Mexican food, I’d ask the server to leave it off my plate. It just wasn’t something I cared to eat.
My daughter, Rebecca, on the other hand, LOVES guacamole. She asked me to make her a batch one day.
After making it myself, I realized why I don’t care for most restaurant versions of guacamole, it was the cilantro. Many restaurants add way too much cilantro to their guacamole.
I’m not a huge cilantro fan, so being able to add just enough to my homemade version means I now add a healthy serving of this yumminess to my Mexican meals such as Chicken Enchiladas and Chicken Fajita Salad.
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 recipe Pico de Gallo
- 1 ts Lemon juice
- 1 ts Cilantro (to taste, if you love cilantro, add more!)
- Mash avocados into a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
- Refrigerate an hour or so.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -