Guest post from Brenda Rodgers
Every year I wrap gifts for Christmas trying so hard not to waste any of the paper, and without fail there are always these awkward pieces large enough to wrap a small jewelry box but too small to wrap anything I’m actually giving!
I could leave them for my husband as a hint of what to buy me, but something tells me he’s not going to see anything past wrapping paper meant for the trash. Surely it is useful for something, right?
Well this year I was browsing in a very popular semi-department store, and noticed all the fun and colorful supplies they were selling to wrap gifts. From paper to ribbon to embellishments to gift tags.
But to me a bag of five for $5 is no bargain. Then I remembered that scrap wrapping paper! I can use the scrap wrapping paper to make custom gift tags for my gifts!
What you will definitely need:
I am a scrapbooker want-a-be, so I have collected some scrapbooking supplies over these years. Even though I don’t think I’ll ever become a scapbooker, all of these things can be used for make gift tags.
- two-sided tape or glue (I prefer tape.)
- scrap wrapping paper pieces
- hole puncher
- ribbon (again leftover from last year)
- scissors or paper cutter
Extra fun stuff you might need:
- First, cut the wrapping paper in any shape you want (rectangle, square, circle, star, heart). If you have a paper cutter, stencils, or punches, they will all be very helpful in this step.
- Next put two-sided tape of glue on the back of the wrapping paper. I use tape, because I think it’s easier. If you use glue be careful because using too much will cause the paper to bubble.
- Then tape or glue the wrapping paper shape to cardstock. The card stock can be any color.
- Next cut the cardstock along the edge of the wrapping paper shape.
- Using your hole-puncher, punch a hole somewhere on one of the sides of your tag.
- Then use ribbon to thread through the hole, and tie a knot at the bottom near the tag.
- Using stickers, embellishments, of other fun supplies, decorate the front of your tag however you want.
- On the back, using the black marker, write the information for the gift.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day - January 28, 2015