Crock Pot Low-Carb Chicken Spaghetti is a great addition to your meal plan. For the non-low carbers, you can serve this with pasta.
One of our very favorite food types is Italian cuisine. But, eating a low-carb diet means no pasta for us. What I’ve found is that I don’t really miss the pasta, but I do miss the sauces and toppings. Spaghetti squash makes a great substitute and it’s one that I use quite often. Zucchini noodles is my other choice.
When I was at Publix today, I saw all of their offerings for their Viva Italia Days sales event. As I was scanning all of their products on display, a new recipe started to formulate in my mind. Do you do that? Create recipes while grocery shopping? I’m a foodie, so this happens quite often for me. I often wonder what others are thinking about while grocery shopping. I don’t care for clothes or shoe shopping, but grocery shopping is fun to me. Low-carb chicken spaghetti is what I decided to make.
The cold has a pretty strong grip on our area right now. Our kitchen is rather cold, so I don’t want to spend any more time there than absolutely necessary. Our oven has died and we haven’t replaced it yet (though a new one is finally ordered!)
In my quest to stay out of the kitchen, I’m using the Crock Pot more and more. For this dish, I used two of my Crock Pots (I have 4, how many do you have?) I baked the spaghetti squash in one Crock Pot and made the sauce in the other. It worked great and kept me out of the kitchen after the 15 minutes or so it took me to put all of the ingredients in to cook.
To bake spaghetti squash in the Crock Pot, simply line the CP with foil, cut the squash in half, and place it in the pot. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until tender. I have found that slicing the squash in half horizontally results in longer “noodles” and it more closely resembles spaghetti.
Serving this low-carb chicken spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash is a complete meal in one dish- protein, vegetable, and low carb!
Here’s my Crock Pot Low-Carb Chicken Spaghetti Sauce:
- 2- 28oz cans Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1- 6oz can Hunt's tomato paste
- 1 cup Progresso chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links, sliced
- 2 chicken thighs, skinless (boneless if desired)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Kraft mozzarella cheese
- Kraft Three Cheese Blend grated cheese
- Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Check chicken thighs for doneness before serving. Internal temperature of chicken thighs should be at least 165*.
- 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce. Serve once melted.
Low-carb style, over spaghetti squash, shred squash, squeeze out excess water, top with sauce.
Or serve over pasta.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -