Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Movie nights can be an excellent way to open the communication lines with your teen. The movie opens up many conversation topics that might not otherwise come up. An easy movie night at home is also a comfortable place where all parties are usually relaxed. Add in fun, easy foods and you have a great opportunity to engage with your teen!
Connect With Your Teen with an Easy Movie Night
Recently, we took advantage of the Tyson® Products “Winter to Go” offer with Redbox at Walmart. Since we tend to do most of our shopping at Walmart, utilizing this offer was a no-brainer!
We decided to have a “breakfast for supper” night to go along with our movie. Jimmy Dean® Brand has such a wide variety of frozen breakfast items, it was fun to make our choices.
After heating all of our breakfast foods, we headed to the living room with the movie we picked up at our local Redbox kiosk. Settling in together, with the lights low and the movie playing, we all enjoyed our time together.
Once the movie was over, I pulled out a sheet of conversation starters. They wasted no time in sharing their thoughts with me about this movie, but the conversation went deeper than that with the questions that I posed to them.
I’ve created a free printable sheet of conversation starters to share with you. Let these be a starting point for you after your next movie night!
Download your copy below!
Our youngest teen, Mary, with her Daddy and Mama
While we chose to have a breakfast for supper movie night, head to Walmart and you can choose from a wide variety of Tyson products for your movie night! Jimmy Dean, State Fair, and Tyson products are the perfect solution for a movie night!
Once you make your food selections and check out, snap a photo of your receipt. Then visit www.TysonFreeMovieNight.com to upload your receipt. You’ll then receive two Redbox promo codes (each good for a 1-night DVD rental!)
1 promotional code per transaction. Payment card required. Charges apply for additional days. Can’t be combined with other offers. Subject to additional terms. Void where prohibited.
We enjoyed our first movie night using these conversation starters so much that we are planning to do this again soon!
How do you keep those teen communication lines open? Share here or on our Facebook page!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks - May 4, 2018
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days - May 1, 2018
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted - April 8, 2018
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep - November 10, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word - October 23, 2017
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time - September 5, 2017
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes - August 28, 2017
- Beauty in the Chaos - August 27, 2017
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017