Sometimes you just crave a chocolate cookie. One that really packs a chocolate punch. One that makes you KNOW that you’re eating a chocolate cookie.
This is that cookie!
A chocolate chewy cookie that satisfies your sweet tooth.
If you’re participating in a cookie swap, take this cookie. If you’re gifting cookies to a service provider, make this cookie. Basically, this is a cookie that is great for a weeknight treat, a gift, or on a buffet table.
These are simple cookies to make. Your children will delight at seeing the crinkle really pop when you pull them from the oven. No decorating needed and made from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 ts baking powder
- ¾ ts salt
- 6 TB butter, melted
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ts vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, for coating cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth. Let cool if still warm.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into butter mixture.
- Combine the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- The dough will seem dry at first, but keep mixing until it becomes a stiff brownie batter.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Roll each in powdered sugar.
- Scoop teaspoon or so of dough onto Silpat-lined or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies will spread out and form cracks on top. The inside may look wet, but be sure to not over-bake.
- Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 85mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Looking for more easy cookies to bake? Here you go!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -