The quintessential favorite cookie is chocolate chip.
My Mom used to have treats waiting for us when we’d get home from school, and chocolate chip cookies were one of our favorites.
While I think these cookies are great as is, dipped in a glass of ice-cold milk, you could certainly change it to suit your family’s taste.
Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for dark chocolate. Or maybe white chocolate. Or leave the chocolate chip world altogether and mix in butterscotch chips.
Maybe mix in chopped pecans or other nuts. Or mix in shredded coconut.
Use this dough as a base and create the cookie you desire!
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 12 oz chocolate chips (dark, milk, or semi-sweet, your choice)
- Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until fluffy.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water, add to butter mixture, along with salt and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, combine well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- Scoop teaspoon or so of dough onto Silpat-lined or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are set, and cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Looking for more cookie inspiration? Here you go!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -