Chicken Fajita Salad is a dish that allows you to remain on your low carb eating plan, yet enjoy those tasty Mexican flavor!
In my quest to have more choices that are THM-friendly (Trim Healthy Mama) as well as Mexican, I came up with this Chicken Fajita Salad. It rapidly became a favorite of ours! For the carb eaters in our family, I serve this on warm tortillas. But, I prefer the salad version.
When serving, I add a scoop of guacamole to the side. Yum!
I hope you like it as well!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 TB liquid amino acid
- 3 TB minced garlic
- 1/4 ts red pepper flakes
- 1 ts seasoned salt
- 1 ts black pepper
- 1-1/2 TB cumin
- 1-1/2 TB chili powder
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Spinach, chopped- if desired
- Pico de Gallo
- Salsa- if desired
- Sour Cream- if desired
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded- if desired
- Mix all marinade ingredients, pour 2/3 of it over chicken breasts. In a separate bowl, combine peppers and onions and cover with 1/3 of the marinade.
- Cover both bowls and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Heat skillets over medium high heat. When good and hot, pour chicken into one skillet and peppers & onions into the other. Stir and cook until cooked through. The marinade will cook down into a sauce. If there is not enough liquid, add a bit of water. You want the sauce for the salad.
- To assemble the salad, place a good amount of lettuce (and spinach, if using) on bottom of a bowl. Add chicken, onions & peppers (if desired). Top with cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and Pico de Gallo.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -