Over the last two years I’ve been experimenting with bulk cooking (cooking large quantities of food and storing it in the fridge). I’ve tried preparing meals for two weeks at a time and for a month at a time. While preparing ALL of our meals for many weeks at a time has proven to not be for me, I DO have two that I frequently prepare in bulk. Today I’d like to share one of the recipes with you, I am sure it will be a hit in your home!
Bulk Cooking- Sloppy Joe Meat:
This recipe is incredibly fast to prepare! It takes me no more than thirty minutes (from start to clean up) and it can take four of us, eating this every day for one meal – about two weeks to deplete this stash. While I like to use them for our lunches, we will often grab them for dinner on those nights when I just don’t have it in me to cook!
There is a huge benefit to having a few go to “meals” in your fridge. Life gets busy, especially for a homemaker. While we may have a great plan for our day, or even week ~ things come up, and usually when least expected.
I have one of those families that if they skip a meal . . . well, it isn’t pretty. Taking time to prepare meals like this, and stocking them up in my freezer has proven to be a huge blessing! We all have days (or even weeks) that we just wish there was a food fairy that would pop in and prepare a meal for us. Cooking in bulk has proven to be the next best thing for me!
If you are interested in finding recipes of food that you can prepare in bulk (and freeze), check out Once A Month Mom! You can double or triple up the recipes and have plenty of meals prepared and stored in your freezer in no time!
What about you? Do you do bulk cooking? Do you cook for the freezer? I’d love for you to share your tips!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -