The calories in a Big Mac can sure kill a diet! But this Big Mac Salad is a great alternative!
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Who doesn’t recall that jingle proclaiming the ingredients for the Big Mac?!
We eat a low carb diet these days. This means no Big Macs. It also means no buns for our burgers. One night for supper, I was especially craving a Big Mac. In my childhood, my Gram and Aunt Di would take me often for Big Macs (no onions so they’d be made fresh!) I haven’t had a Big Mac in quite some time, but sure wanted to enjoy this taste from the past.
I played around with a sauce to get it as close to the “special sauce” as I could. Eating it as a salad means I can have this low carb option and still be satisfied with the “Big Mac’ taste.
Can you taste it? That special sauce? The burger, the cheese, the pickles, and onions? Yum!
Big Mac Salad:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TB low sugar (or sugar-free) ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 TB dill pickle relish (or just the juice if you desire a smooth sauce)
- Combine all ingredients, refrigerate for a few hours for the flavors to mingle.
- To serve, grill a burger patty and top it with cheese.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce, onions, pickles, and tomatoes (not true to the original sandwich, but yummy!). Top with cheeseburger and sauce.
To assemble the Big Mac Salad, simply layer chopped Romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped dill pickles, and chopped onions in a bowl. Top with a burger patty topped with cheese (your choice- American, Cheddar, etc), and Big Mac Sauce.
Looking for more recipes like this?!
Since you liked the Big Mac Salad, give some more of our favorite low carb recipes a try!
What’s your favorite low carb meal? Do share! I love to try new recipes!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks - May 4, 2018
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days - May 1, 2018
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted - April 8, 2018
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep - November 10, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word - October 23, 2017
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time - September 5, 2017
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes - August 28, 2017
- Beauty in the Chaos - August 27, 2017
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner - August 16, 2017
- Take Charge of Your Days with the Illustrated Faith Planner - August 14, 2017