The calories in a Big Mac can sure kill a diet! But this Big Mac Salad is a great alternative!
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Who doesn’t recall that jingle proclaiming the ingredients for the Big Mac?!
Growing up, my Gram and Aunt Di would take me out for Big Macs (no onions so they’d be made fresh!) I haven’t had a Big Mac in quite some time, but just hearing the name brings back such fond memories of two very important ladies in my life.
We eat a low carb diet these days. This means no Big Macs. It also means no buns for our burgers. One night for supper, I was especially craving a Big Mac and sure wanted to enjoy this taste from the past.
I played around with a sauce to get it as close to the “special sauce” as I could. Eating it as a salad means I can have this low carb option and still be satisfied with the “Big Mac’ taste.
Can you taste it? That special sauce? The burger, the cheese, the pickles, and onions? Yum!
I prefer to cook the burger as a patty, cover it with cheese, then crumble the cheeseburger over my salad. Others will crumble the beef as it is cooking and add the cheese to the cooked beef crumbles.
Big Mac Salad:
Combine the sauce ingredients and refrigerate while you cook the burger patty and assemble the salad. (Or whip up the sauce and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!)
To assemble the Big Mac Salad, simply layer chopped Romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped dill pickles, and chopped onions in a bowl.
Top with a burger patty topped with cheese (your choice- American, Cheddar, etc.)
Add the Big Mac sauce and ENJOY!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TB low sugar (or sugar-free) ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 TB dill pickle relish (or just the juice if you desire a smooth sauce)
- 1/3 pound hamburger
- Chopped lettuce
- chopped onions
- sliced pickles
- tomatoes, if desired
- slice of cheese (American, cheddar, Swiss- your choice)
- Combine all ingredients, refrigerate for a few hours for the flavors to mingle.
- To serve, grill a burger patty and top it with cheese.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce, onions, pickles, and tomatoes (not true to the original sandwich, but yummy!). Top with cheeseburger and sauce.
Looking for more recipes like this?!
Since you liked the Big Mac Salad, give some more of our favorite low carb recipes a try!
What’s your favorite low carb meal? Do share! I love to try new recipes!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -