Are you sweltering? Kids whining? It must be summer. 😉
One of my favorite ways to beat the summer heat as a kid was with an ice cold popsicle. Not surprisingly, my children have a healthy appreciation for popsicles also.
Of course, the simplest way to make your own popsicles is with some Kool-Aid or fruit juice. If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can still make popsicles with small paper cups, popsicle sticks, and some foil (to cover the cups and poke the sticks through). Once the popsicles are frozen, simply tear the paper cups off, then let the kids sit outside and enjoy them while the juice melts down their arms.
So yummy. But how about something tastier, richer and hey, even a little bit healthier? Let’s think outside the box, er, popsicle mold, and whip up some healthy Better Banana Peanut Butter Pops. YUM.
Better Banana Peanut Butter Pops
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
Blend in a blender. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze overnight.
Isn’t that EASY?! Think of the possibilities. You could use any number of fruits, or use yogurt instead of peanut butter. In fact, any kind of breakfast, yogurt or green smoothie you make in the morning, you could make extra and freeze into popsicles for the afternoon.
What a nice and healthy way to beat the heat this summer!
For more tips to “Beat the Heat” this summer, check out this “How to Survive Summer” wrap up!
What are your favorite popsicle combinations? How would you make these to suit your family?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -