We’ve all heard it.
The “joke” of our husbands being “in the doghouse”. Ugh. I SO dislike hearing disparaging comments about men, and more specifically, husbands.
I know, I know . . . lighten up, it’s just a joke. Except I can’t. 🙁
While in a training class this week, it was mentioned that we needed to have total quiet while working. The “joke” was to put your husband outside with your dog to be sure you had total quiet. Ummm . . . really? Again, there was laughter when this “joke” was told. I just didn’t see it as funny.
Does this mean we can’t laugh and joke around with our husbands? Not at all. Some of my longest laughing “sessions” come from silly times with my Honey! It just means that laughter shouldn’t come from putting someone else, especially our spouse, down.
Shouldn’t those we love always hear uplifting words from us? You can have a good time that doesn’t come at the expense of someone else.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -