I’m sharing my best 8 tips for healthy living on the go today! This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, ZonePerfect. #SnackandRally #CollectiveBias
A busy day, with no time for a workout.
Walked out the door without breakfast.
Lunch from a fast food drive-through.
Nagging hunger due to no healthy snacks available.
Take-out for supper because you have no meal plan.
Dragging throughout the day due to lack of sleep.
Can you relate to any of these? I sure can! Our days are long, but the time is short. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that tomorrow is June 1st! I mean, I’m still struggling with remembering that it’s 2016 when I write a check!
This year, my focus, personally, is health and wellness. I’ve been sharing some of my changes with you. I’d like to encourage you in your quest for healthy living, as I make the same changes.
8 Tips for Healthy Living on the Go:
1. Plan ahead- Use a planner! I prefer pen and paper (and LOVE my planners!), but if you’re a digital person, use an app. The point is to have a calendar with your appointments and such filled in, so that you are not missing anything important. It also helps to reduce trips, if you can see an overview of your week, to plan ahead. The stress relief alone is more than worth it!
2. Sleep- We are coming out of a family-wide illness period. When I was sick, I had no energy nor desire to do much of anything. All that I wanted to do was sleep. Since I knew that the only way to really heal from the cold was to rest, I “allowed” myself to sleep. It worked and I got well. However, I need to make sleep a priority all the time, not just during illness. For me, this means tweaking my schedule to allow me to get my to-do list done AND sleep enough hours each day. (In complete transparency, this area of my life is still a work in progress- I’m preaching to myself with this step!)
3. Stock your vehicle- Even though I don’t work away from home, there are times that I end up in town longer than I planned and need a snack. Beef jerky, ZonePerfect® Nutrition Bars (Fudge Graham bars are my favorite!), applesauce cups, small bags of nuts, and other such goodies save me from hunger pains! You know, life doesn’t slow down just because you’re hungry. Be prepared with good choices when the inevitable hunger hits! ZonePerfect bars are indeed perfect for this- they were developed by a nutrition company, contain at least 10 grams of protein, are a good source of fiber, and have no HFCS!
4. Pack your gym bag ahead- I keep a well-stocked gym bag in the vehicle. This way, I’m always ready for a workout. It does require me to purchase a few extras, but I find that it’s well worth it to avoid forgotten items.
5. Be aware of smart choices at restaurants- There are times that a drive-through stop is necessary, or even desired. Plan ahead by checking the restaurant’s website to see the nutritional values of their food offerings. You might be surprised to see the calorie and other nutritional content numbers for the foods you consume. Know which are the healthy choices at restaurants BEFORE you stop there in order to avoid temptation due to a nagging stomach!
6. Exercise on the go- Park as far away as possible from the store, take the stairs, walk around the perimeter of the store before beginning your shopping trip, have a walking lunch break, sit on a stability ball, use a step aerobic block while watching tv, walk around the exterior of your home during a tv commercial break. There are so many ways to fit exercise into your day. It doesn’t always have to be a workout routine. Just add movement to your day!
7. Menu plan & use the slow cooker- For me, summertime is the hardest time of year for cooking. It’s hot and I tend to get uninspired in the kitchen. But, we still have to eat, and eat more than just a big salad every night. By planning out a menu plan ahead of time, I don’t stress each evening trying to decide what to cook. I tend to make more slow cooker meals during the summer. I’m not heating the kitchen up and it’s easy to fill the slow cooker with ingredients first thing in the morning and forget about it until supper time.
8. Take care of yourself- As wives and Mamas, we make sure that our family eats well, that they are prepared for their day, that they get to bed on time. We need to make ourselves a priority as well. It’s far too easy to shortchange our own health and wellness while we are busy taking care of loved ones. For our busy, on-the-go life, taking care of ourselves is a very necessary thing!
I hope these 8 Tips for Healthy Living on the Go are a help to you. I’m right there with you in needing to make changes! Let me know how I can encourage you!
Don’t forget to head to WalMart to stock up on your healthy snacks! You’ll find the ZonePerfect® bars near the pharmacy, along with the other health and wellness products. And, trust me, those Fudge Graham bars are YUMMY! Click here to save up to $4 when you buy 2 boxes of ZonePerfect® bars. They’re perfect for the whole family, a real pick-me-up! Go ahead- Snack and Seize the Day!
Want some more inspiration? Recipes? Head over here!
How do you incorporate healthy living on the go?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -