Thanksgiving is almost here and with all I have been through these last few months, I realized that I am not feeling very thankful. I could quickly make a list of all the things that are wrong in this moment. The theme for the month is thankfulness and I need a mind change.
Here are five simple ways I plan to go from focusing on the negative to finding that gratitude heart:
1. Set goals-
One of the ways I avoid negativity is by having goals.
My goals for November are:
Waste less food, a reminder of those who do not live in abundance. I take living in abundance for granted sometimes.
Actively remember by blessing bags
Pick a project and complete it.
Schedule reading hours
2. Make a list of simple pleasures-
Make a list of things you enjoy or new thinks to try and schedule them into your calendar. It is amazing what having something to look forward to can do for your perspective.
3. Talk about it-
I don’t know if you have done this, but I can have an entire conversation about the problem. I could go on for days about what is going wrong but I can fail to share what I am excited about. Part of being thankful is changing our focus, not our circumstances. So, be bold and choose to talk about your goals, simple pleasure and thankful thoughts.
4. Add to the joy-
May be, this life is not about you being happy but about your ability to make someone else happy.
In this season of thanksgiving, I will ask the question “How can I add to the joy of another person?”
5. Count down-
We count down to Black Friday and Christmas; why not count down the days to thanksgiving and the other events you are anticipating. Last year going into Thanksgiving I had 270 days till my hubby would be home again. This year we have 270 days till we begin our next great adventure.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -