Guest post from Sarah Robinson
You know how it is as a busy wife and mother. We have to be at practice one night, church another night and then dance or karate on yet another night. It’s hard to find time in the kitchen these days! It’s even harder to sit down together to eat dinner as a family! That’s why I like to keep my arsenal of easy recipes ready for any time I’m in a pinch! Sometimes, I even choose to prepare them in advance a week at a time, so all I literally have to do is throw them all in.
My favorite low ingredient meals are:
Chicken Tacos – 1 bag of chicken breasts (or enough for your family), a packet of taco seasoning, a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. You can also use this meat as taco salad.
Pinto Beans – bag of pinto beans, chopped onion, chopped ham (I’ve even used lunch meat in a pinch) all covered with water. (Make sure to put a lot of water in or they’ll use it all up and dry out)
BBQ Chicken – bag of chicken breasts (or whatever your family would normally eat) and a bottle of BBQ Sauce
Italian Chicken – chicken, Italian dressing
Swiss Steak – Cubed steak and a can of diced tomatoes
For each of these recipes, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
When you are choosing your chicken, I just buy the bags of frozen, boneless skinless chicken breast and usually even throw it in my crockpot while they’re still frozen. Any cut of chicken will work with these recipes though. You choose what you are used to working with.
I have 4 weeks of Freezer to Slow Cooker recipes on my blog and plan to be adding more this month!
What is your favorite easy crockpot recipe?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -