God’s words set my heart free! But they also helped me to turn that guilt into creativity. I realized that while I may not have a 1-hour chunk of time to set aside for un-distracted devotions, I could still fill my home with God’s Word.
Read on for simple tips to fill your home with God’s Word and invite His peace and presence into your lives on a daily basis.
4 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word
1. Play worship music. Grab your favorite worship CD, DVD, or YouTube playlist and fill your home with worship. I love Seeds Family Worship because their songs are straight from scripture, so your family will be learning God’s Word by heart and worshiping Jesus at the same time!
2. Framed Bible Verse Printables. There are a lot of free printable Bible verses out there that you can frame and use to decorate your home. This way you are filling your home with visual reminders of what God’s Word says. Here are some of my favorite places to find frameable scripture verses:
3. Audio Bible Apps. Didn’t get a chance to sit down and read the Bible this morning? Maybe after only two or three verses you heard those little toddler feet coming down the hall. There are a couple of apps that I absolutely love to use to fill my home with God’s Word.
YouVersion has an audio feature in several translations, so you can listen to the Bible while you do dishes or fold laundry.
What’s even better is that they have an app for children! The Bible App for Kids is a colorful app with fun music and animation that teaches the kids Bible stories. My kids absolutely love this app and I love it because it fills my home with God’s Word on a level that they can comprehend.
4. Make Memory Verse Cards. When I’m going through tough times or am working on a certain area of my life, I like to search out scriptures that deal with those things. I write them down on index cards and hang them in places where I’ll see them often. This helps to remind me of what the Bible says about issues like fear and faith, peace, forgiveness, or special promises from the Bible.
I have found that as I use these 4 ways to fill my home with God’s Word that there is a lot more peace and harmony in my home. When we surround ourselves with constant reminders of God’s Word and His presence, we are more sensitive to His voice and more prone to turn our eyes upon Jesus in every situation and circumstance.
A huge thank you to fellow bloggers, Misty, Bridget, and Rosilind! Please visit their sites to thank them for this post!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -