Are you reaping the harvest of your Summer gardens yet? How are you doing? This time of year we often get some “extras” from friends whose gardens are doing well. We love the fresh tomatoes, squashes and other goodies we are blessed with. One of the things we are often blessed with is cucumbers. Personally, I love cucumbers, but I’m the only one in my family who does.
So what to do with extra cucumbers??
5 Easy Uses for Extra Cucumbers
1) Quick and Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad
Fresh-from-the-garden-cucumbers go great with fresh-from-the-garden-tomatoes. This salad is so quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for barbecues and summer events. Even better, the taste improves if you let it sit overnight so it’s one of those things you can make the day before instead of rushing around to make before you have to go. Try this recipe from Taste of Home (pictured above.)
2) Cool cucumbers go great with a spicy hummus.
Why let the carrots and the bell peppers have all the fun? Spear up those cucumbers and enjoy them with that fresh bowl of hummus. Hummus is fast and easy, healthier than dressing, and makes a nice change for the often overlooked cucumber. Give it a try! How about this spicy hummus recipe from A Cedar Spoon.
The last three easy uses are just a click away!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day - January 28, 2015