Guest post from Brenda Rodgers
The more I learn and read, the more I get what some experts are saying about the chemicals in our foods. I am not knowledgable in food science to explain the exact chemistry that occurs in our bodies, but logically it makes sense that if it’s not from nature, then it’s probably not the best.
So in an effort to be more aware about the products I buy and the foods my family eats, I have found three simple salad dressing recipes that have become my go-to staples. These recipes can be made for several servings and stored, or they can be made individually and used immediately. (The honey-mustard I like to use immediately so that the honey does not solidify.)
Honey Mustard Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Combine all of the ingredients and whisk until they are well combined.
Servings: about a 1/4 cup
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp. minced dill
2 tsp. minced parsley
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. celery seed
garlic salt and pepper to taste
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until they are well combined.
This recipe should take keep for one week in the refrigerator.
Servings: about 1 cup
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1 Tbsp. minced basil
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 garlic gloves, peeled
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. mustard
1 1/2 cups canola oil
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender. While processing, gradually add the canola oil. Cover and refrigerate.
Servings: 18, 2 Tbsp servings
Credit: Taste of Home
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement -
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days -
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes -
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money -
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home -
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs -
- Animals And The Creativity Of God -
- Game Day Recipe Round up! -
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help -
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day -