This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToSchoolReady #CollectiveBias
It’s back to school time! Technically, we are still on summer break. We’ll return to school next month. I’m a rebel, I know. 😉 We like to begin our school year in September. Maybe it’s from my own school days when we returned to school the Tuesday after Labor Day, but that is when we will begin our new school year.
While you’re shopping for school supplies, which happens to be one of my most favorite things to do, be sure to pick up some quick on-the-go breakfast and snacks too.
3 Simple On-The-Go Breakfast and Snack Ideas:
Italian Sweet Cream Protein Pick-Me-Up:
This is my “I’m late and need something tasty yet healthy” breakfast. It’s simple to mix up and tastes so good! Combine your morning coffee with protein powder and delicious COFFEE-MATE® Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer!
To make this yummy coffee concoction, brew a pot of coffee, then let it cool. Freeze half of the pot into ice cubes and refrigerate the remaining coffee. When you’re ready to make your breakfast treat, combine 3-4 coffee ice cubes, 1 cup (or so) cold coffee, 2-3 Tablespoons Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer, half a scoop of whey protein (for fast burning protein), and 1/2 scoop casein protein powder (for longer burning protein) in a blender. Mix it up, pour it into a travel mug and you’re ready for deliciousness!
These are the bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast bites. Ummm…..YUM!
Pop some HOT POCKETS® breakfast bites in the microwave while you’re mixing up your coffee drink. In 2 minutes time, you’re out the door with a filling breakfast that you can eat on-the-go!
Milk and Cookies NESQUIK® Shake:
When your child is looking for a fun afternoon snack, there’s not much more simple than this one!
Ahead of time, break up sandwich cookies and place in a silicone ice cube tray. Fill the cube up with whole milk. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until solid.
I like this round cube silicone mold. The silicone makes it super simple to remove the milk & cookies cubes once frozen.
This treat could not be more simple! Add 4-5 milk & cookies cubes to a large glass. Pour an ice cold bottle of Nesquik® chocolate milk over the cubes. Top with whipped cream. Serve and enjoy. As the cubes melt, the snack becomes thicker and filled with bits of chocolate cookie goodness. These will really hit the spot for an afternoon snack!
There you have it. A quick breakfast for Moms and children on-the-go and a simple after school snack. Once you have the school supplies all purchased (can we ever really have enough school supplies?!), you’re ready for the busy mornings and afternoons of this season.
Now that you have a quick breakfast and afternoon snack, how else do you save time on those busy mornings? Here are my top 5 tips!
- Choose outfits on Sunday- for everyone- parents and children both. This will save a ton of time, especially if you have daughters. Trust me.
- Check the weather tonight for tomorrow morning. Be prepared with rain coats, boots, umbrellas. Or with sunscreen or warm coats, depending upon the season.
- Make a to-do list the night before, then narrow that list down to the top 5 must do’s.
- Unplug once per week. Taking time off of social media, websites, working, etc means more time to actually relax and prepare for a new week.
- Get enough sleep! This one is huge. If you haven’t fully rested, it doesn’t really matter what your day holds, you’ll feel sluggish, behind, and not at your best.
Looking for more quick meal solutions? Be sure to visit this Pinterest board! It’s filled main dish, dessert, snack, and drink ideas!
Want to save some money? Here’s a coupon offer for you to take advantage of:
From July 25 to September 15, when you purchase any two (2) 30 oz. or larger Stouffers products and at least one (1) refrigerated Tollhouse cookie dough product at a participating Walmart store you can get a $5 Walmart egift card! Check out the dates and complete rules to find out how HERE!!
Step 1 – Purchase products
Step 2 – Take a photo of your receipt, the image must be clear and legible, with the purchase date included and showing the qualified purchase.
Step 3 – Text NESTLEFAMILY to 35350
Step 4 – Once confirming you want to participate by responding ‘YES’, you will be prompted to send the image of your receipt.
Where do you find these ingredients? Easy! Head on down to your friendly neighborhood Walmart and pick them up! Here is where you will find each item in your store:
What do you do to save your sanity on those busy on-the-go days of back to school time?
- 1 pot fresh-brewed coffee, cooled
- 2-3 Tablespoons Italian Sweet Cream creamer
- ½ scoop whey protein powder
- ½ scoop casein protein powder
- Freeze half of the pot into ice cubes and refrigerate the remaining coffee.
- Combine 3-4 coffee ice cubes, 1 cup (or so) cold coffee, 2-3 Tablespoons Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer, whey protein,and casein protein powder in a blender.
- Mix it up, pour it into a travel mug and you're ready for deliciousness!
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -
- 5 Easy Ways to Fill Your Home With God’s Word -
- 9 Tips to Rock Homeschooling and Housekeeping at the Same Time -
- Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes -
- Beauty in the Chaos -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -