Take this tasty orange drink and turn it into three yummy desserts!
Recently, while my Honey was on vacation, we took a date day trip to “the big town,” which is about an hour away. We like to go out to eat, and the choices there are a bit better than our small town offers. We do some stock up shopping whenever we get there as well.
The last stop of our trip is always to Sam’s Club. With a tasty lunch in our bellies, a stop for some hobby supplies, a visit to the mall looking (in vain) for a new pair of shoes, and a stop to the outdoor store, it was time for our last stop.
We set out to finish up our shopping day. As we were filling up the cart, something in the refrigerator case caught our eye.
When our children were smaller, we bought SunnyD whenever we went to the pool or beach. Later, when we moved to Tennessee, we took SunnyD with us to the creek. SunnyD and summer just seem to go together. We grabbed two cases and added them to our cart. We finished up our shopping, and with that, our date day was complete.
As our children were helping to unload the car, they saw the SunnyD right away. Thankfully, they were cold and ready to serve, so that was their treat upon completing the unloading, unpacking, putting away job.
Since we love to take a product and make it our own, we started talking about all of the fun recipes we could come up using SunnyD. We’d love to share them with you now!
The first one is super simple- SunnyD Granita. Simply pour two 6.75 oz bottles of SunnyD into a 9X13 glass baking dish. Carefully place the pan into the freezer.
After 30 minutes, pull the pan out and use a fork to scrape the beginning frozen liquid into small pieces.
Return the pan to the freezer. Wait another 15 minutes, pull it out, and do the same.
Repeat this process until the SunnyD is completely frozen. (Mine took about 90 minutes total) When ready to serve, scoop the granita into a pretty cup and enjoy!
Next up is our SunnyD Punch!
This punch is one of those “oh so easy, but oh so yummy” recipes.
Begin by rinsing your punch bowl under cold water. Place it in the freezer to get good and cold (at least an hour before using.)
To the punch bowl add the following: 1 pint orange sherbet, 1 2 liter bottle of lemon-lime soda, 4 6.75 oz bottles of SunnyD, sliced oranges. Stir together, serve, and enjoy!
Our most favorite SunnyD drink was the Orange Creamsicle Milkshake With SunnyD. Oh my. One of my absolute favorites is Orange Creamsicle, how about you?
I made so many that I actually had half of a shake left over. I put it in the freezer and had it later that evening. I was surprised at the result!
The SunnyD in the milkshake froze and had nice little chunks within the shake. So, feel free to make these up ahead of time and serve them at your party! They’re good right away as well as a few hours later!
To make an Orange Creamsicle Milkshake-
Into a milkshake container, scoop 1 pint of ice cream and add 3/4 of a 6.75 oz SunnyD bottle.
Place the container on the magic milkshake maker (mine is from my parents’ kitchen from my youth), and whirl away, breaking up the ice cream.
Add up to 1/4 cup milk to thin to your desired consistency. Enjoy right away or stash in the freezer for a creamsicle shake later.
I’d love to hear how you have fun with SunnyD!
- Two 6.75 oz bottles of SunnyD
- Simply pour two 6.75 oz bottles of SunnyD into a 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Carefully place the pan into the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, pull the pan out and use a fork to scrape the beginning frozen liquid into small pieces.
- Return the pan to the freezer.
- Wait another 15 minutes, pull it out, and do the same.
- Repeat this process until the SunnyD is completely frozen. (Mine took about 90 minutes total) When ready to serve, scoop the granita into a pretty cup and enjoy!
- 1 pint orange sherbet
- (1) 2-liter bottle of lemon-lime soda, chilled
- (4) 6.75 oz bottles of SunnyD, chilled
- Sliced oranges
- Begin by rinsing your punch bowl under cold water. Place it in the freezer to get good and cold (at least an hour before using.)
- When ready to serve, add the sherbet to the punch bowl in small chunks.
- Pour SunnyD into the punch bowl.
- Pour lemon-lime soda into the punch bowl.
- Add orange slices.
- Stir and enjoy!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- (1) 6.75 oz bottle SunnyD
- ¼ cup milk
- Add 1 pint of ice cream and ¾ of a 6.75 oz SunnyD bottle into milkshake container.
- Place the container on the magic milkshake maker and whirl away, breaking up the ice cream. Add up to ¼ cup milk to thin to your desired consistency.
- Enjoy right away or stash in the freezer for a creamsicle shake later.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Chocolate Chip Cookies -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -