Mornings around our home recently became super busy. I’m guessing they did around your home as well.
Back to school time means back to routine time for us. We are a homeschool family, so we don’t have the rush to the bus. But, Natalie is taking another dual enrollment class at our local college two days per week, we have our Co-Op meeting every other week, and we’re going to the gym three days per week. Busy days, to be sure!
My morning begins at 3am. That’s when my hubby gets out of bed to get ready for work. I get up about 20 minutes later and begin packing his lunch bag, making coffee, etc. I try to do as much as possible the night before to make our mornings flow easier.
Here are my 3 Quick Tips For Your Morning Routine-
1. Prep Ahead- anything and everything. Our latest favorite find is Nature Valley Bistro Cups Oatmeal. These make short work of a hot breakfast, using our brewing machine! Gym bags are packed the night before. Lunch items are packed in their glass containers and waiting in the fridge for the lunch box. Daily vitamins and supplements are laid out and ready to consume.
2. Everything in its Place- We have a central charging station. This helps to keep all electronic devices in one spot. No searching for a misplaced phone on the way out the door. When we take off our shoes, they go to the same spot. Makes for easy retrieval the next morning, when you might be groggy. When my hubby takes his belt and wallet out of his pants, he has a spot for those items on his dresser.
3. Good Attitude. Getting out of bed to leave for work, school, or errands is not usually high on anyone’s to-do list, our attitude towards such things makes all the difference in the world. Whether we’ve had a full night of sleep or only a few hours, we try to greet each other with a smile and Good Morning. It’s hard to be a grumpy Gus in the morning when your beloved is smiling at you. Try it, you’ll see. Same goes for our children. Waking them with a smile and Good Morning sets their day off on the right foot too. I think attitude is everything.
Our new favorite breakfast idea is the new Nature Valley Bistro Cups Oatmeal. There are two varieties to choose from: Apple Cinnamon Almond and Brown Sugar Pecan (our favorite!). They are super portable and yummy! My oldest daughter takes them to work with her. They have a brewing machine at work, so a simple, hearty, filling breakfast is easy for her to enjoy.
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -