If you are anything like me, you might have a lot of little ones under foot. Or you could just be gone so much that you are only home long enough to make the mess and not to clean it up. Either way, I have simple ways for you to make your home LOOK company ready for the holidays. Ready?
3 Quick & Easy Steps to Faking a Clean House:
1. Clear off the Surfaces
Yep. Clear them all off. Take all the junk off all your surfaces. Grab some boxes, laundry baskets, garbage bags, whatever it takes and get EVERYTHING off your countertops, table, book cases and other flat surfaces. Even if the room isn’t as clean as we would like, clearing off your surfaces will make the room not only look cleaner, but bigger, too. Stash it in a closet, the garage, the laundry room or where ever you have room. Make a date to go through it later; maybe with some chocolate, wine, good music and without kids :).
2. Stay Focused
Focus on areas that matter. Come in through the front door and trace the path your guest would take. Focus on those areas. Think entry, living room, dining/kitchen (as visible or likely), and bathrooms. Pick up extra stuff, give it a quick vacuum or mop and take care of major focal points. Maybe that means clearing off the mantle or bookcase or dusting the tv. Whatever your eye is drawn to, spruce that up.
If your bathrooms are dirty, your whole
house will be perceived as dirty by a guest. Luckily cleaning bathrooms for guest use is simple & only takes 5 minutes. Add cleaner to toilet, take stuff off counters, wipe down counters, mirrors, and lid and outside of toilet, clean inside of toilet & replace hand towel.
Those three tips will help you make your home look company ready if you have unexpected guests on their way or simply run out of time.
What is your go-to tip for faking a cleaner house during the holidays?
Read more on this topic with these posts!
- 7 Cost Increases to Prepare For Before Retirement - October 12, 2017
- 5 Quick & Easy Dinners for Busy Days - October 4, 2017
- Easy Steps to Get and Stay Organized in Under 10 Minutes - September 21, 2017
- 5 Ways to Build an Emergency Fund with Very Little Money - September 13, 2017
- Creating An Inviting Atmosphere In Your Home - September 7, 2017
- Mouth-watering Garlic Herb Cheese Bombs - August 29, 2017
- Animals And The Creativity Of God - May 21, 2017
- Game Day Recipe Round up! - May 7, 2017
- Heart-breaking News and How You Can Help - May 6, 2017
- Quick & Easy – Planning For Your Best Day - January 28, 2015