Today marks 21 years of wedded bliss for Honey and me. The years have flown by too quickly…yet I can’t remember life without him. They say time flies when you’re having fun….well…that is definitely the case here!
In light of my birthday posts with a certain number of things about the birthday person and their age, I’d like to post:
1. Marrying your very best friend is the best way to begin married life.
2. There will be ups and downs, allow them to draw you closer, not pull you apart.
3. Making your spouse happy will give you untold happiness yourself.
4. Complaining and nagging does no good for anyone…how could it possibly help your marriage?
5. Seeing your Honey’s smile when he comes in the door after a day of work is the best thing!
6. Treating others better than you treat your spouse is just plain wrong. If you wouldn’t talk that way to a stranger or a friend, why on earth would you be rude to your best friend??
7. Life will throw you curves….flow with them!
8. If you always try to please each other, you’ll both end up satisfied.
9. Always kiss good night…..ALWAYS!
10. Kind words are a soothing thing on a rough day.
11. Never speak ill of your spouse…never….would you want him to speak ill of you???
12. Learn to communicate. REALLY communicate…..and…see #1…if you can’t communicate, don’t get married until you can!
13. Growing older together is a wonderful thing.
14. Time spent growing as an individual is a good thing too, just don’t spend too much time on you….you aren’t just you any more….you are part of a we!
15. Realize that life can be hard and help each other through the hard times.
16. Sticking it out is incredibly important….for you, for your spouse, for your children and on down the line to your grandchildren.
17. Recognize folks who drag you down and don’t allow them to do so.
18. Seek out friends that you both enjoy spending time with…not one sided friendships.
19. Do things as a family….spend TIME together. After all, that’s all we really have, isn’t it??
20. Seek the advice and counsel of your spouse. They know you and your needs better than anyone else.
21. Overlook the small things, for in reality, they truly don’t matter. Going out of your way for your spouse is a small gift, and gives long-lasting returns. 🙂
Some of these things have been learned through our experiences together, others have been learned by observing others. I realize that not every marriage is wonderful and not every spouse is perfect. But, it can be that way. It truly can. And, when it is…..oh….it’s incredible!!
Happy Anniversary, Honey!!! I love you more than yesterday, but nowhere near as much as tomorrow!!!
- Make Your Own Recipe Binder -
- Homeschool Planning Printables with HP -
- Back to School Dual Enrollment Student Planner -
- 40+ Instant Pot Recipes for Your Summer BBQs -
- Easter Time Bunny Huts -
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches -
- 5 Satisfying Yet Simple Snacks -
- 5 Ways You Can Help a Grieving Mama Celebrate Special Days -
- It’s Not Worth It- Don’t Drive Distracted -
- One Big Yet Simple Step for Quality Sleep -